Intellectual Property Asset Management (IPAM) is a continuous management approach that focuses on leveraging patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, know-how and other proprietary assets to support and improve overall business performance.
Intellectual Property Asset Management Best Practices includes:
- Aligning intellectual property assets to your business strategy and goals
- Establish annual assets report to update business management
- Conducting an annual portfolio review
- Benchmarking against peers and best practices
- Classify patents and trade secrets by business use
- Conduct competitive technology assessment
- Identify key patents (Strategic importance and commercial significance)
- Manage all patent costs (Preparation and prosecution, maintenance, and internal support)
- Establish standards for prioritize disclosures and patent filing decisions
- Maintain an intellectual property assets training program to improve internal knowledge
- Establish an online knowledge center with policies, procedures and contacts
- Establish an organized database with all intellectual property assets
Contact us for the detail descriptions for the intellectual property asset management best practices activities.