INTERNATIONAL INVENTOR REMUNERATION MANAGEMENT AND PRACTICES REPORT
A study of remuneration and incentive structures, amounts, administration and management, and award valuation approaches.
Building on our extensive 2017 Inventor Rewards and Recognition Program (IRRP) study, we investigated the best practices for handling international inventor compensation and inventor rights to comply with jurisdictional inventor statutes.
The IRRP study indicated that more (or a growing number of) companies recognized the role the program inventor rewards and recognition program has in motivating inventors to submit their invention ideas and to support the legal department in procuring and maintaining the patent over its lifetime (if there are disputes). Therefore, many intellectual property (IP) leaders actively promote and manage the programs to achieve their valuable invention disclosure submissions and patent application goals.
In addition to reporting on inventor compensation amounts per patent event in countries with and without a remuneration requirement, the International Invention Remuneration Management and Practices Report shows how multinational companies blend and manage distinctive country inventor rights and remuneration laws in their IRRP.
So, in addition to assessing whether your compensation amounts and award practices are competitive with peer companies, this report will enable you to see how other IP leaders have tackled the complexity of complying with inconsistent inventor rights and remuneration laws to harmonize their global IRRP.
This comprehensive report enables you to evaluate the following:
- Effective awards—remuneration amounts and types of recognition
- Range of financial rewards—19 IP events
- Global variability of financial rewards and remuneration amounts (jurisdiction type—with or without remuneration law)
- Method of learning and maintaining knowledge of inventor remuneration and rights laws
- Handling of international and cross-border collaboration incentives and remunerations
- Corporate functions responsible for managing and administering awards
- Methods of inventor remuneration payments and calculations
- Timing of remuneration payments
- Inventor reward program costs
- Aggregate and distinct IP event financial awards
- Recognized and awarded IP-related events
- Effectiveness of compensation and award structures
- And much more
Best Practices Benchmarking®
Related best practices reports you may be interested in
Learn how we provide intellectual property best practices that you can use to improve your operation.