Intellectual Property Law Department Budgeting Practices Report
ipPerformance Group Research presents the definitive report on corporate intellectual property legal department budgeting practices.
Participants reported seventeen factors that influence over- or under-budget considerations. R&D-generated inventions have the greatest impact.
ipPerformance Group’s IP Law Department Budgeting Practices is the most comprehensive undertaking to study company IP law department budgeting practices. The report consists of detailed analysis and charts (more than 150 pages and fifty figures).
The topics covered:
- Budget accuracy ranges and actions taken to adjust spending
- Financial planning methods and calculation models to establish an accurate budget
- Key participants’ roles in the budgeting process (responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed)
- Budgeting items and categories
- Factors that influence and challenge budgets
- Software tools and tracking and control options
- Budget development time frame
- Structure of accurate budget forecasting
- Frequency of budget reviews
- IP costs and activities charged to the business unit
Related best practices reports you may be interested in